It seems like my life is all Google, all the time lately. They do seem to be coming up with a lot of cool stuff for us Webmasters. Yesterday I wrote about the new “Links” tab in Webmaster Tools that displays backlinks. Today I somehow discovered Google Co-op.
Google Co-op lets allows you to do 3 things:
- Create your own search engine
- Deliver specialized search results
- Help users refine their searches
Create you own search engine
Name your search engine, enter some keywords in order to “tune” it to the data you want your searchers to see, and specify the URLS you want searched. I created a search engine called “All Troy Search” that just searches my Websites and blogs. You can customize the look and feel as well as have Google host the results, or host them on one of your pages.
The results page will have “Sponsored Results” which you can link to your AdSense acccount.
You can make our own personal Google SERPS look as hideous as you dare.
Deliver Specialized Search Results
Your ever-loyal and trusting visitors can subscribe to results or feeds that you supply with Subscribed Links, and they will show up in their Google SERPS.
Help users refine their searches
To do this you have to sign up to contribue to Google Topics. But enough for now. I’m all Googled out.
- 8 Webmaster Tips for Good Search Engine Ranking
- eBook Preview 2: SEO Off-Page Factors
- eBook Preview: The 10 Things a Small Business Needs to Know About Search Engines
- Google and Bing to Include Twitter Tweets in Search Results
- Google’s 40 Search Quality Updates – No. 1 -More Coverage for Related Searches